Monday, November 5, 2007

HMN Testimonials - Andrea J.

This is re-posted from Andrea J.'s introduction on the San Diego Holistic Moms Network Yahoo group.... Andrea is one of the co-Leaders forming the group!

"Hi everyone! I moved to San Diego 3 months ago from Newton, NJ where
I was a part of the Warren County HMN Chapter (I think it's the
biggest). I had every intent of finding out about starting my own
chapter here (because I couldn't believe it didn't exist already!)
but wanted to get out and meet people and make some holistic
connections first. I saw a post on the national loop from Andrea
Tannouri who mentioned she lived in San Diego. I replied to her
offline and she mentioned that she was beginning the process of
starting a HMN chapter here. I told her I would be thrilled to help
her and she said she would love to have my help as well. The Chapter
I belonged to had THREE awesome co-leaders and I saw how the division
of labor as well as the different personalities helped the chapter to
thrive.

"I love HMN so much and even told a friend of mine about it in Los
Angeles and she is now very active on the National Loop as well as in
her chapter. I joined HMN because I had recently moved to Sussex
County, NJ, knew no one and was in my first trimester with my first
baby. I was so scared to attend a meeting because I was barely
showing and just didn't feel like a legitimate mother yet! The Warren
Chapter became such a source of strength, inspiration, and social
outlet for me. I didn't mind making the 40 minute drive to the
meetings with a crying newborn in the backseat because I really
needed them.

"I think that my favorite thing about HMN is that it truly is non
judgemental and all the moms that belonged to our chapter ran the
whole spectrum of "holistic." We had the true granloas, and we also
had moms who were very much mainstream but interested in learning
about the different topics that were discussed each month, etc. I'm
not the most holistic person in the world, but I am constantly
evolving into the person and the mother that I want to be. And it
takes the knowledge and support of other people on the same quest to
each other along. That's my hope for our chapter."

No comments: