Thursday, December 20, 2007

Places to hold meetings...

Today I spent several hours again scouting locations for our monthly meetings. I visited with the owners of SoChildish, a new children's boutique in South Park, both yesterday and today. They have a lovely big classroom space adjacent to their store. I negotiated the ability to hold one monthly night and one day meeting for us for free! The only problem is this space might be turned into retail in April if they can't make the space pay for itself. =(

I also visited with the owners of an in the works Holistic Health Center in Pacific Beach, right off the 5. It's going to be the largest of it's kind in San Diego! It's 5,000 square feet and will have a conference room for 75 people. They are really into education and seminars - they are going to have Dr Sears come down and lecture for them! I'm hoping we could do that too - vaccines would be an excellent topic. Stacie Buechel was so wonderful to meet, passionate about Holistic matters like I am, very energetic and friendly. She wants to help up as much as she can, though she is busy with the center's remodel. I am so happy one of our members, Kendra (who came out to our first walk 11 days postpartum! I was so impressed!), told her about us! I gave Stacie the rest of my brochures for her office. Oh, and did I mention we get to use that lovely new space (as well as their current space) for monthly meetings for FREE??? Thank you Universe for answering my prayers! =)

No comments: