Friday, January 4, 2008

Here is the latest update on our chapter:

We have 70 members on our HMN interest list Meetup site, which has worked really well to get the word out about our chapter and the upcoming open house. Through it, I've met some wonderful moms and found some great places to meet. We've had 7 meetups so far. There are a few who may be great resources as speakers (look under the messages section, I think introductions has a few too).

One of our HMN members, Stacie Buechel (who donated the office and her time to help run our monthly meetings) is working on getting raffle prizes form local businesses, and sent out an e-mail to 500 people last night letting them know about our Open House! Michelle, Andrea & I selected her office when we got together this week Wednesday because of it's central location, her enthusiastic and generous help with the chapter and the fact that in summer when they open up their Holistic Center we'll move with them into a huge, fantastic meeting space right off the 5 (for free)!

I submitted the paperwork to get our chapter website online - they are working on it. Our chapter is called San Diego Central.

I contacted 35 local holistic businesses about our chapter and so far, have 3 interested in Sponsorship. I passed their info along to national since they handle it. We have 3 items donated for the raffle, and I have a few books I'm going to donate.

No comments: